The procedure to be followed for eligibility and admission of overseas candidates to various
programs of the Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur is as follows;
Overseas Student will include the following;
i. Foreign nationals : Students holding passports issued by foreign countries
ii. People of Indian Origin (PIO): a student who or whose any of the ancestors have been Indian nationals and who have acquired the nationality of foreign passport.
iii. Non Resident Indians (NRI): Only those Non Resident Indian students who have studied and passed the qualifying examinations from schools or colleges in foreign countries will be included as overseas students. This will include the students studying in the schools or colleges situated in foreign countries even if affiliated to the Boards of Secondary Education or Universities located in India, but will not include students studying in those schools or colleges (situated in India) and affiliated to the Boards of Secondary Education or Universities of the foreign countries. Students passing the qualifying examinations from Boards or Universities located in foreign countries as external students and dependants of NRI studying in India will not be included as international students.
Entry level status of overseas students on entry to the county will be maintained.
The qualifications required for eligibility for admission to different courses can be checked in detail from the prospectus. Only those students who have qualified from foreign Universities or Boards of Higher Education, recognized as equivalent by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) are eligible for admission. When required, a reference will be made to AIU to check the equivalence.
All rules & regulations regarding eligibility & evaluation will be same for Indian students as well as foreign students.
How to Apply
Admission of all the international students will be done through the University’s International Students Cell.
Students will generally be admitted in the beginning of the course. However students can also be admitted as transfer cases in the middle of the course from other institutes with which there is an understanding for accepting the students as transfer cases.
The admission of international students is done in following stages.
1. A student wishing to join the University gets the application form and the information on the eligibility requirements, courses available and admission procedure from the prospectus or the website of the University, www.vgu.ac.in .
2. The application for provisional admission is then submitted to the International Student’s Cell along with the prescribed fees.
3. The Cell will then check the eligibility and issue the provisional admission letter. This is required to get the visa and to complete other formalities.
4. After getting provisional admission, the student should get the student visa endorsed to the Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur and complete all other formalities. NRI students do not require the Visa.
5. The student also has to get the approval/ clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India.
6. The next step is to fill up the admission form of the University and pay the required fees.
7. After this, the student should undergo the medical examination.
8. The students may have to appear for the English proficiency test conducted by University or some other agency. Overseas students who have passed the qualifying examination in the English medium are exempted from this test.
8. Once this is done, the final admission is given.
9. The international students will have to pay the fees in US dollars.
10. They must compile to the new norms issued by GOI on time to time bases.
11. All matter of dispute is subject to Jaipur jurisdiction only.
Documents to be attached along with the admission form:
1. 6 passport size photograph
2. DD of USD 100.
3. All Academic qualification Mark sheets (Translated versions of all documents, if they are not in English)
4. Passport entailing personal details page along with a photocopy attested by a Notary
5. Student visa in original
6. Bank statement showing minimum USD $5000 bank balance
7. English language proficiency certificate
8. Medical fitness certificate including HIV test
9. Migration certificate
10. Transfer Certificate
Admission will be confirmed only after verification of original certificates, Government clearances, medical fitness test and payment of required fee. It is again mandatory for the international students to register himself/herself with the police in the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) within the stipulated period of his/her arrival in India.
Within 10 days of joining the University, students are required to have a medical fitness examination as laid down by the Govt. of India. All International students have to undergo a mandatory medical certification in order test them for certain disease/germs likes. HIV etc. if any such result is found positive, the admission will stand cancelled.